KINDERGARTEN & NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION is now ONLINE at the following website: SD#23 Student Enrollment Application.
PLEASE NOTE: The application process is online only, no paper enrollment is available. You are required to have a valid email account.
Applications will be assigned a date-time stamp on a first-come, first-served basis, which will factor into a student’s placement priority.
Complete the online application as early as possible, and provide the required documents listed below directly to the school by email by Friday, March 18, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Student's Birth Certificate or other government issued proof of age and citizenship.
2. Proof of Parent/Guardian B.C. Residency
a. Combination BC Driver's License and Services Card (copy of both sides); or,
b. BC Services Card (copy of both sides) and one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows; or,
c. Proof of application for BC Medical Services Plan and one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows.
3. Proof of Parent/Guardian Living Address/Supporting Documentation
• Ownership of a dwelling or long-term lease or rental of a dwelling;
• Documentation indicating British Columbia residence (i.e. utility bill);
• British Columbia registration of an automobile;
• British Columbia Driver's License (copy of both sides); or,
• A current income tax return filed as a British Columbia resident.
AFTER Thursday, September 1, 2022
New in-catchment area enrollments: Parents will be notified by a confirmation email when the school has accepted the student's application for enrollment. Board Policy 405R – Student Placement (Regulations),will be used to determine student placement and priority.
New out-of-catchment area enrollments: Parents may not be notified until after the summer enrollment period is over and all in-catchment area students have been placed.
Qualifying age: The School Act requires that a child must be five years of age by December 31, 2022 to qualify for school enrollment in September 2022. No exceptions.
For further information, please visit the School District website www.sd23.bc.ca or call (250) 860-8888.