WELCOME TO ANNE MCCLYMONT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
8:25 a.m. Entry bell
8:30 a.m. School begins in session.
11:10 a.m. Lunch
12:08 p.m. Classes in session
1:30 – 1:45 p.m. Recess
2:30 p.m. Dismissal
*Please visit our website at www.ame.sd23.bc.ca for updates.
WHAT TO BRING TO SCHOOL
Please bring your child(s) indoor shoes, outdoor shoes, lunch, extra clothes in case of accident, and water bottle. Please remember to label items with your child's name.
School fees total $45 per year per student and are as follows:
- $35 for supplies
- $10 for cultural fees
Attached is a sheet regarding the school's on-line payment site, called School Cash Online. Please go to https://centralokanagan.schoolcashonline.com/ to register.
*Fees work out to be $3.50 per month. If your child(s) begins school throughout the year, we will adjust the fees accordingly.
If you provide the school with your current email address, you will get the 'Weekly Parent Bulletin' and 'Monthly Newsletter and Calendar' automatically emailed to you. Our newsletter, calendar and other important information are posted on our website.
*Please visit our website at www.ame.sd23.bc.ca on a regular basis to keep updated on events and information.
Attached is a sheet regarding our Absence Reporting System through SchoolMessenger. Please review this sheet to familiarize yourself with how to report an absence, late, or early departure to the school.
If you wish to become a volunteer at the school, you will need to submit 2 pieces of government issued ID and complete a School District 23 Criminal Record Check through our office. Please contact the office for more information.
Hot lunch is organized through the Parent Advisory Council (PAC). Please go to http://ame.hotlunches.net to register.
School District 23 offers brown bag lunches to our families who have financial difficulty. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please advise the office.
PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL (PAC)
Our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) consists of every parent or guardian of a student attending Anne McClymont Elementary School. The PAC typically meets once a month except for December, March, and June, in the school library to discuss school news, provide input on policies and procedures, and conduct the business of the council.
There are multiple events throughout the year which call on parent volunteers to organize and run. These events provide fun, fundraising opportunities for the school and are led by a parent coordinator. The recurring events are the Scholastic Book Fair, Family Dance, Family photos, and Spring Fun Fair. There are also on-going events like the spirit-wear program and the hot lunch program. We are always looking for volunteers to support these events. Please donate your time and expertise to the school. To learn how you can get involved attend a monthly PAC meeting or contact the PAC executive.
STUDENT PICK UP AND DROP OFF INFORMATION
- Students remain outside until the bell rings at 8:25 a.m.
- Students enter and exit the building at the door which is nearest to their classroom. Please drop off and pick up your child at this door.
- All students who arrive late (after the 8:30 a.m. bell) must sign in at the office. Please phone the office to notify.
- Any student leaving before the end of the school day must have a parent/guardian sign them out at the office. Please phone the office to notify.
STUDENT DROP OFF PARKING INFO
- Please do not drop off students before 8:10 a.m., as there may not be supervision at that time.
- There are no left turns onto Lakeshore Road at the exit. All drivers must turn right onto Lakeshore Road.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lots while waiting for your children.
- There should be no parking in the bus loop or in front of the garbage/recycling bins at any time.
Available in the Staff parking lot. Please display a valid City of Kelowna Accessible Parking Pass.
OFFICE CONTACT INFORMATION
School website: email@example.com
Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.